Facilities and space in the Office of the Vice President for Health Sciences supports the following:
- Health sciences instructional, research and administrative space management;
- Reservation for centrally managed space on the MCV Campus;
- Campus capital projects and master site planning;
- Liaison with university administration on campus infrastructure support and facilities planning, real estate issues, emergency management, safety and security, and with VCU Health System on space occupancy and adjacency issues and planning.
- Emergency management planning and response oversight, via the VCU Health Sciences Emergency Management Unit Plan, maintained in collaboration with university administration, the health sciences schools and major units.